Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ohmygod we won

We friggin' won. We WON. First game of the season!

We had a full house too - me and Hutch, Brian, Fred, Lan, Kat (heckling from the sidelines and on the field), Ari, Jeremy, Zach, Jeff, Noah, Becki, Liz, Liz's gf Alisha, Brighton's friend Joanna. And the other team... well they didn't have enough guys. So inevitably we beat them. But we didn't know that.

Hutch can write up a far more effective write up than this. But lets' just say that Hutch, Brian and I got sick of losing and started strategizing. We were up by 3 at the end of the first inning, and swept the other team away by the end of the 3rd. Lizzie scored a run. She wants everyone to know that. Kat wanted dibs on the returning MVP dibs. Rookie MVP honors goes to Lan, for continuing our multi run streak in the first inning alone.

In the third inning, Steve was at first and I was behind him in right field and I kept yelling that I had his back. (This didn't go so well). Fred made the most bizarre loop around the bases and almost got Hutch out. Like somewhere between second and third, he made a detour or something. I didn't understand it.

Hutch totally took charge of the team strategy. I am so proud of him.

It was a heart racing, heart pumping round of kickball. I am going to be so sad when I have to leave.

Meanwhile the league party is at Grand Central in AdMo on June 9th.

At the bar, first we proved we were the better yellow against the goldenrod team ("Lickballs"), which was okay because there was a guy on that team who was sort of cute. Then we got together and ganged up on the team we beat earlier ("the Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins", whatever the hell that is). There was this dude on the green team who started totally hard core heckling us and Hutch and I would smack him on the forehead and scream back at him.

So see you again next week! I'll be the one with the cube.

No comments: