Thursday, May 3, 2007

My take on our 5/3 game

So for once in my life, I got to the field early. The Hutchster was already there, reffing the early game. I sat down on the side of the field and ate my dinner, which was a ham, cheese and spinach salad. After I finished that, I worked on solving the third layer of the rubik's cube. If you think that's lame, then check out this link to the greatest cubers I know because they'll totally change your mind: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_bWv1T-YuOg.

Hutch can probably render a far more accurate round-up, but here is what I remember:

  • during the first inning, Liz stood out in right field. I was her backup. The ball would come flying out toward her for some reason and I'd run to catch the ball after it popped off her.
  • Becky asked to pitch. This turned out to be a stellar decision. She is totally our rookie MVP. She would roll the ball so slowly that the blue team only scored one run during the three innings that she had pitched. She would also fall over sometimes after throwing the ball.
  • If someone bunted, Hutch would run, grab the ball, and throw it over to first base.
  • During the second inning, Fred caught all three balls that came in his direction. He deserves props as our returning MVP.
Liz, Brighton, Hutch and I noted that Kyle's absence from the kickball field was extremely visible; Kyle used to dash across from left field to right field to catch any and all fly balls. I guess now this means that Liz and I should actually practice catching.

So I found being in the outfield so stressful that I sat out the rest of the game after inning 2. And I couldn't bear to watch, so I kept my back to the game and resumed cubing. Consequently I can't tell you what happened during the rest of the game. Sorry.

Oh yes, the blue team were fabulous sports and we love them.

Hearts and kisses,
Sirinyay

1 comment:

Hutch said...

Is that the guy who you had a crush on that appeared on Beauty and the Beast?

I wonder if there are any super genious asian guys in the league for you to fall in love with.