Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We don't get to roll this shabbos

I just want to say it was a blast kickballing with the IDROS crowd this season. Thanks for convincing me to join, Brighton.
The last game was a bit anticlimactic, for those of you who weren't there. Hell, I almost didn't go, until Kat called me to guilt me into a Dayquil-hazed, zombie-like appearance. The opposing team took it too seriously for it to be a ton of fun. Wish I had been up to the task of attending the festivities afterward, but I had to go home and sleep.
That said, I think we did pretty damn well this season. Midseason we had some momentum going that I didn't see coming after our first couple of games. And second-place at the flip-cup tourney was a good deal of fun.
At the moment, I'm not planning on doing the fall league. I just started a new part-time job three nights a week, so I don't know if I want to add more to my schedule. If anyone wants to twist my arm, it's possible that I could be convinced otherwise, though.
That said, y'all should come out to the Red and the Black on H Street NE sometime. I'm working there on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, taking money for the shows upstairs. If you like to see good indie/heavy/poppy/alt local rock, it's the place to be.

We may not get to roll this coming shabbos, but we can certainly drink for dirt cheap at the party that night. See you guys at the end-o-season party on Saturday.

-Steve

No comments: