Friday, July 13, 2007

Instead of playing kickball, I have been at nerd camp



And my summer at nerd camp has been okay. I definitely miss my kickball team and speak of you guys often. On my first day back in LA, a Wednesday, I was on the phone constantly with Hutch to ensure that we had enough people to play. I'm at a site I have never been to in prior summers (four at LMU), which has been good in that I have seen a new place and mostly bad because I a) HATE CHANGE and b) really disliked the lack of organization manifest in the organization. But I did make a couple of friends (a bunch of frat boys from College of Wooster) and form an alliance with the few RAs who were deemed competent (a high compliment in the world of camp counseling).

With one of the frat boys, David, I brought Tom Ryan's favorite activity besides Robot Wars to Santa Cruz. Renamed Glue Stuff to DO and Sirinya (as opposed to Glue Stuff to Tom and Jason), the kids glued and blue-taped streamers, construction paper, twigs, plastic stuff and manboobs for 45 minutes. It was their favorite activity ever.


The original activity:

No comments: