Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Now I'm at Hobo Camp

Hey team:

So kickball continues its resurgence in popularity here at Nerd Camp.

[Actually I'm not at Nerd Camp; I'm now at what's called the Center for Talented Youth's Civic Leadership Institute. CLI is run by employees of the Civic Education Project, which is hosted at Center for Talented Development (similar org to CTY), and CTD is based out of Northwestern. I'm employed officially by CTD, but I'm at a location that has CTY lanyards and CTY rules and regulations, but not CTY culture... which initially worried me, but then we got around to today's game of kickball.

At kickball, this rising junior named Rishi kicks the ball into what appears to be left field. The first baseman (a kid named Charlie) literally runs RIGHT INTO a football player named Taylor's nuts. You could hear the SMACK. Taylor was not paying attention. He was later seen walking around with a big plastic supermarket bag, clutching his you know what. The bag like leaks. Girls regaled to me about how they'd rein in their snickers until after they got past him. Also he lain on his back like a sad, sad person. Rishi is pretty proud of himself for scoring that homerun, since everyone was paying attention to Taylor post:collision. (Also he's proud for causing that injury.) Taylor seemed to boast about the fact that kickball got violent.

No comments: