Friday, April 11, 2008

Today was a perfect day for kickball


Donna Martin Graduate!!!
Dear Hutch,

Today was a perfect day for kickball in Los Angeles. The daily high was 80 degrees but there was a breeze. It was bright and sunny, so I wore my sombrero around Westwood. I miss kickball and its camaraderie.

I am about to get dressed for my graduate program's "prom", which will be at some posh trendy club in Hollywood. I assume I'll see some D-List celebrity while standing in line again! Joelski will not be there. He is schmoozing with the admitted Stern students in New York this weekend. I hope they don't give him a hard time for being from the Valley.

I thought about my options for Joel-stand ins. They included my original prom date and flanking myself with two members of Joel's Jew Crew. But then I realized that I could never "replace" Joel with a stand-in. It just wouldn't be the same.

Meanwhile, remember when I went to Tax Prom with Tim??? I had a great dress (actually it was my first try at a prom dress; my date's sister actually rejected it, so I had to try again and came up with the poofy pink number I will be wearing tonight). Tim actually picked me up at 1929 in a cab and he looked so sharp.

*Sigh. I wish Joelski were here tonight to do that with me. I think you guys would like each other, even if the only thing you have in common is me.

So basically I don't want to go to prom but I feel like I have to go to prom because what if someone does something that parallels or trumps what Donna Martin did at prom?? Remember "Donna Martin Graduate" chant on "90210"??

Hugs and kisses,
Sirinyay

No comments: